This toolkit is organized into five sections
Section 1 contains information relevant to VOPEs in the process of founding and formalizing themselves. It also touches on important governance issues relevant to emergent and developed VOPEs.
- 1.1 Founding a VOPE
- 1.2 Deciding on formalization
- 1.3 Defining a Vision and Mission
- 1.4 Writing Constitutions, Founding Documents and Bylaws
- 1.5 Registering as a legal entity
- 1.6 Establishing a membership policy and membership register
- 1.7 Hosting Annual General Meetings
Section 2 contains information relevant to running the business side of the VOPE, and institutionalizing it.
- 2.1 Compiling Annual Reports
- 2.2 Administering Email Communication Efficiently
- 2.3 Developing a Website for the VOPE
- 2.4 Developing a Social Media presence
- 2.5 Managing Human Resources
- 2.6 Administering Membership Efficiently
- 2.7 Administering Voting
- 2.8 Managing Finances
Section 3 contains information about the activities that VOPEs typically carry out – These are activities that make VOPEs uniquely different from other organizations, and centres around the value added by VOPEs.
- 3.1 Hosting Conferences, Workshops and Other Events
- 3.2 Making Online Evaluation Capacity Building Resources Available
- 3.3 Doing Advocacy
- 3.4 Publications and Newsletters
- 3.5 Developing Guidelines and Standards
- 3.6 Bestowing Evaluation Awards
- 3.7 Connecting Regionally and Internationally
- 3.8 Making Statements on Issues of Importance in Evaluation
Section 4 contains resources relating to the work of each of the EvalPartners networks. This may enable the VOPEs to draw on, expand and replicate the work of the global EvalPartners networks at local level.
- 4.1 EvalSDGs
- 4.2 EvalGender+
- 4.3 EvalIndigenous
- 4.4 EvalYouth
- 4.5 Global Parliamentarians Forum
This Professionalization of Evaluators section of the Toolkit offers resources to VOPEs to foster a discussion on professionalizing evaluators that enables the selection of a country-appropriate path.
- 5.1 .Definition
- 5.2 Reason(s)
- 5.3 Mechanisms
- 5.4 Strategy
- 5.5 Engagement and reflection